GridMarkets is building a platform for institutions to supply their excess CPU capacity to other institutions with high computational needs using open source Cloud & Grid-computing technologies. However, these require significant configuration and automation for our needs. We are therefore seeking experienced and talented engineers from a (primarily Linux) sys/dev ops background to further design, build, harden and extend our platform. This will require you to delve deep into the workings of servers, networks, operating systems, virtualisation technologies and open source components.
Location: Flexible, though Singapore or Malaysia preferred
Compensation: Negotiable with options/equity for the right candidates
- Work within the team to design and develop the GridMarkets architecture
- Develop, test and deploy scripts to integrate various software components of the GridMarkets platform
- Administer, improve (automate) and pro-actively troubleshoot operations of the platform
- Linux sys/dev ops (Windows a bonus) and command-line scripting (pipes, awk, sed, grep, etc.) using Perl, Python or Ruby (C a bonus)
- Expert networking knowledge: TCP/IP, VLAN, Firewalls and HTTP to protocol level
- Experience in distributed/parallel/Grid-computing technologies (BOINC, Condor, etc.)
- Exposure to Cloud-computing (I/PaaS) technologies - VMware/Xen, EC2, Eucalyptus, OpenNebula, etc.
- A real desire to work in a cutting-edge start-up with all that entails
- Ability to work autonomously and meticulously with flexibility and drive
- Willingness to learn and grow in a start-up organisation, and actively contribute
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Undergraduate or higher degree in computer science or related fields from a reputable university desirable, but NOT essential.
Though we're looking for sys/dev ops-types, this is NOT a support function, but also does not require deep programming skills. You will be creating the core platform using the latest open source technologies and will be expected to help drive its design and operation, as well as being a key member of the business.
To apply please follow this link.