HPC Grid System administrator
The Swiss National Supercomputing Centre CSCS is an autonomous unit of ETH Zurich, and operates one of the most advanced high performance computing infrastructures in Europe.
To reinforce our dynamic and multi-cultural team we are looking for an HPC System Administrator
Main duties will include but are not limited to:
· Administration of large-scale high-performance computing systems, with specific tasks including system deployment and management, system resource monitoring and architectural tuning for performance
· Proactive monitoring of systems, problem reporting and resolution
· Design, implementation and maintenance of scripted system tools
· Involvement in system design, planning, installation, configuration and management of follow-on systems
Ideal candidates will bring along:
· Experience in administrating Linux Clusters and/or large scale Supercomputers
· Programming and/or scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python and C)
· Deep knowledge of Linux operating systems
· Experience in parallel file systems, Network technologies, Batch queuing systems and cluster management tools
· Experience in Grid Computing would be an asset
You are a solution oriented person and you are able to work under pressure. You consider yourself a team player and feel comfortable working in an international environment. Good command of written and spoken English (official working language) is a must.
CSCS offers competitive salaries and excellent working conditions in a stimulating environment. Place of work is Manno, close to Lugano (Ticino).
The expiration date is approximate, the procedure ends when we find a suitable candidate. If you want to apply please do it following this link.